Booking & prices
Scheduled snowshoeing holidays and bespoke packages
To enquire or make a booking for a scheduled snowshoeing holiday or bespoke snowshoe package please call 0800 978 352 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MountainBalance has joined forces with Chamonix-based Descent Travel in order to offer our scheduled snowshoeing holidays. All bookings for our four night and seven night snowshoeing holidays and bespoke packages are booked through Descent Travel and delivered by MountainBalance.
By working with Descent Travel our clients have the financial security of booking their package with a Travel Trust Association member (number Q2913). Our terms and conditions appear here.
As MountainBalance is registered in France we show the package holiday prices in Euros. As they are then booked through our UK booking partner Descent Travel your holiday will be payable in pounds. The price conversion from Euros to GBP will calculated at the current exchange rate at the time of the booking.
A deposit of 25% is required to secure your booking.
Answers to our FAQs can be found here.
day and half day snowshoe tours
To enquire or make a booking for a day or half day tour, simply contact me directly by email email@example.com. I will get back to you at the first opportunity. I am often in the mountains and unable to reply to emails immediately. You can download a booking form for a day or half day tour from the link on the right of this page.
As well as pricing, there is information below on the insurance you will need to arrange for your tour. Of course, before making a booking it is vital that you check out our relevant small print.
Full tour grading details
Prices for larger groups available on request.
The price includes:
- Guiding fees and the services of a knowledgeable, local International Mountain Leader
- Loan of avalanche transceiver, shovel and probe
- Loan of snowshoes and walking poles
- Leader’s uplift in Chamonix valley
The following IS NOT covered:
- All client expenses including insurance
- Lunches and snacks
- Transport outside the Chamonix valley plus any motorway or tunnel tolls
- Leader's uplift outside the Chamonix valley where applicable
A deposit of 25% is required to secure a booking and payment of the balance must be made before the start of the tour, please see the small print.
You may be interested in one of our bespoke snowshoe tours or scheduled snowshoe holidays.
You can travel overnight from the UK to Chamonix via Paris and arrive in Chamonix at around 9.30am using the SNCF 'Corail Lunea' sleeper service.
And to Chamonix without crossing Paris: TGV - Lyria offer weekly direct trains from Lille, with Eurostar connections, to Martigny, Switzerland from where there is a local connection to Chamonix.
- Snowcarbon: An excellent website dedicated to helping you get to many ski resorts, including Chamonix, by train with journey planning and ticket information. Snowcarbon's information on the sleeper 'Corail Lunea' here.
- Seat61: The original and extensive rail travel website for Europe and Worldwide. Seat61's details of the TGV-Lyria rail journey to Chamonix avoiding Paris here.
- Ski Rail Maps of the Alps: This brand new map was launched for the 2011 season and is the first published map to focus specifically on rail routes through the Alps, with a sufficiently large scale to enable travellers to plan their journeys to winter sports resorts by train.
- Snow Express: Snowexpress offer ski coaches which take you directly from Central London all the way to Chamonix.
- Geneva Airport is the closest airport to Chamonix. It takes about an hour and fifteen minutes to reach Chamonix from Geneva.
Geneva Airport to Chamonix transfers
- Atmosfair: A non-profit foundation that offsets air travel emissions for individual travelers by investing in and developing renewable energy and energy efficiency projects that meet the rigorous requirements of The Gold Standard.
Chamonix, Les Houches and Argentiere have a range of accommodation available from family run two star hotels to larger three and four star hotels. Alternatively you may choose chalet-style accommodation or self catering. There are also a number of gites offering hostel accommodation.
More information will be added here soon.
It is a condition of booking a tour with Mountain Balance that you are insured for emergency medical and rescue expenses for trekking or snowshoeing. We do not provide insurance and you are responsible for arranging your own policy. There are a number of specialist mountain sports insurers such as Snowcard and the BMC. Whilst we do not recommend any one insurer over another, we would stress that you should ensure you are covered for the appropriate mountain activities and that helicopter rescue charges are included. Many budget, low cost or free insurances may not cover your trip adequately.