terms & conditions
All Mountain Balance trips are carried out subject to the following terms and conditions - please take a few moments to check you are happy with them. Any questions - just get in touch.
- Booking: A deposit of 25% is required to secure a booking. If you cancel this deposit is not refundable so I recommend that you take out insurance to cover cancellation. Payment of the balance must be made 60 days before the start of the tour. If you are paying by bank transfer from a bank outside France any international payment charges should be paid by you at the time of payment. This includes Joy O'Flanagan's international payment receiving charge, any sender's charges and/or bank holding charges. Joy O’Flanagan only accepts bookings from persons over the age of 18 at the time of booking. Bookings by or on behalf of persons under the age of 18 may be accepted on certain trips, when accompanied on the trip by another person over the age of 18 and subject to written parental consent.
- Cancellation by the Leader: If Joy O’Flanagan has to cancel a tour for any reason an alternative will be offered or a full refund given. If Joy O’Flanagan cancels a tour she will not be liable for any expenses which you may have incurred as a result of your booking or in expectation of the trip taking place.
- Cancellation by the client: If you wish to cancel
your confirmed booking must notify Joy O’Flanagan in writing by email.
Your notice of cancellation will only take effect when it is received in
writing by me and will be effective from the date on which I receive
it. Since I incur costs in cancelling your arrangements, you will have
to pay the applicable cancellation charges up to the maximum shown
60 days or more: Loss of Deposit
30-59 days: 50% of total booking price
Less than 30 days: Full fee
- Insurance: All clients must be insured for personal injury or illness, medical treatment, rescue and repatriation costs, including air rescue. It is recommended your insurance covers you for loss of earnings and/or cost of care in the event that you suffer injury or illness during the activity and while travelling; liability you might incur to third parties; and against costs you might incur in the event of cancellation or curtailment of the tour or your participation in it. You must ensure that your insurance covers you for alpine snowshoeing and trekking appropriate to the tour and the altitudes we are likely to visit. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you are authorising Joy O’Flanagan or the tour leader to instigate rescue and/or helicopter evacuation procedures without previously obtaining the permission of the company issuing your insurance policy. The leader reserves the right to exclude those without proper insurance from the tour without refund. You confirm that you will arrange adequate insurance against such risks. You must bring all insurance documents with you on the tour.
- Damage or loss of loan or hire equipment: In the event of any damage or loss of loan or hire equipment the client will be responsible for repair or replacement.
- Itinerary: Every effort will be made to adhere to the original itinerary for the trip but changes may occur to both travel and guiding itineraries due to external factors beyond Joy O’Flanagan’s control. The Leader will consult the clients on this but you must accept that the final decision rests with the Leader. In particular, the Leader has total discretion to alter programs at any time in the interests of client safety, mountain or weather conditions. In the unlikely event that changes are made to the itinerary any extra costs will be met by the client.
- Acknowledgement of Risk: Joy O’Flanagan is an International Mountain Leader, fully qualified and insured to lead groups snowshoeing and trekking in the Alps. Joy operates to high professional standards and you must understand that snowshoeing and trekking have inherent risks and may take place in hazardous mountain environments. Risks can be minimised through good judgement however certain dangers are unpredictable and cannot be eliminated. Your booking is accepted on the basis that participants are aware of and accept these risks and take responsibility for their own actions and involvement.
- Duty of Care: By booking you agree to abide by instructions and decisions made by the person leading the activity. Joy O’Flanagan reserves the right to exclude individuals from an activity on the grounds of health or safety. Any individuals so excluded are not entitled to a refund. Any individual contravening the decisions or advice of the person leading the trip, or undertaking independent activities not authorised during the activity, relinquishes the protection and duty of care of the person leading the activity.
- Leaving a trip: It is understood that if you decide to voluntarily leave a tour or are required to leave a tour by the leader Joy O’Flanagan has no responsibility for your safety or well being or for any consequential expenses.
- Fitness: By booking on a trip with Joy O’Flanagan you confirm you have understood the level of fitness and ability required for your chosen activity. If your fitness or ability does not meet the minimum requirements prior to engaging in an activity, or during participation in activity, we reserve the right to ask you to discontinue your participation.
- Medical Disclosure: It is assumed by booking a trip that you are physically fit enough to participate in the activity. You are advised to seek advice from a qualified medical practitioner if you have any doubts or concerns about your health or fitness. Clients must provide the leader with information on any pre-existing medical conditions, medications taken and on their level of fitness and previous experience. In booking a trip you accept that in case of accident or illness Joy O’Flanagan may need to execute evacuation plans or provide for medical treatment.
- Publicity: Any likeness or image of you secured or taken on any of our tours may be used by MountainBalance without charge in all media (whether now existing or in the future invented) for bona fide promotional or marketing purposes, including without limitation promotional materials of any kind, such as brochures, slides, video shows and the internet.
- Complaints: If you have a complaint about the Leader or service you receive at any point during the tour, you must notify the Leader involved as soon as possible to give them the opportunity to rectify the situation to a mutual agreement. If the complaint is unresolved to your satisfaction during the trip you must put the details in writing within 28 days.
- Unavoidable Occurrences: Joy O’Flanagan does not accept liability for the consequences of strikes, riots, acts of war or terrorism, disease outbreaks, government intervention, natural disasters or adverse weather conditions. If such occurrences cause the Leader to have to cancel a course or trip the Leader will offer an alternative holiday if possible, but accept no liability for return of fees paid prior to cancellation or curtailment.
Please retain a copy of our Booking Conditions for your records.
Declaration: The person booking the tour must ensure that all participants read and accept these conditions. I have read and agree to the terms and conditions of booking.
Sign ______________________________ Date ________________________
For prices and full booking information, visit our trek booking page.booking page>